As part of our citywide efforts to help prevent the spread in our communities, we are requesting all contractors take the following actions:
Modify all nutrition programs to shift from congregate meal settings to take-away meals. In addition, all programs should be in compliance with social distancing guidelines to protect clients and staff during meal and grocery distribution.
Immediately suspend all congregate activities for participants until at least March 20. Please note this suspension may be extended beyond March 20 if necessary. We will keep you updated. This includes community service programs such as exercise classes, open computer labs and arts and educational programs. Providers are encouraged to consider new programming options such as phone reassurance, video programming, and other interactive programs that avoid in-person group interaction.
At this time, we are not requesting suspension of one-to-one services such as case management and drop in services, but service delivery should prioritize participant and staff safety at all times. All programs should ensure that social distancing practices and cleaning precautions are being employed
We at the Richmond Senior Center are dedicated to continue serving our members while maintaining a safe environment. Our doors will remain open and the following services will continue to be offered.
Lunch Service - We will offer to-go lunches in boxes only. There will be no seating for lunch in our center.
• Lunch pick up starts at 10:45 a.m. until Noon or when we run out of food
• Distribution will take place in the lobby on the first floor
Aging and Disability Resource Services - We will continue to offer one to one help with accessing resources such as Home Energy Assistance Program, paperwork and translation services, case management, housing, in home support and many other supportive services.
• Please call (415) 405-4672 for English, Cantonese & Mandarin ADRC Services
• Please call (415) 404- 2938 for English and Russian ADRC Services
• We will try to provide as much support by phone
• If you need in person support for things such as translation or applications we will schedule a time for you to come in
Home Delivered Groceries - Groceries will continue to be delivered as scheduled. If you are interested in learning more about this program please call the above number for ADRC.
Computer Lab - Our computer lab will remain open from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. but with limited access
• 2 Computer stations will be open and no more than two visitors may be in the lab at any given time
• We will have limited one to one computer support provided by volunteers and once that schedule is available we will post it
We are working on developing alternative ways to support health and wellness activities that adhere to SF Department of Public Health's recommendation for social distancing. In the meantime we than you for your trust and partnership. We will continue to communicate with you regarding any important updates or changes.